Death Benefits

If you are the surviving spouse of someone who has died because of an industrial injury, or industrial disease, you may be eligible for compensation known as a death benefit. Burial expenses may also be covered. (NRS 616C.505)

Filing a Claim:

A surviving spouse may apply for death benefits by contacting the workers' compensation insurance company. The application must include:

  • Proof of death.
  • Proof of relationship to the deceased.
  • Certificates from the attending physician if there were any.
  • A C-4 form (NAC 616C.076)

The C-4 form can be retrieved by clicking here...> C-4 Form